COLTS RB JONATHAN TAYLOR, PATRIOTS DB J.C. JACKSON &
CHIEFS P TOMMY TOWNSEND NAMED AFC PLAYERS OF
THE MONTH FOR NOVEMBER
Running back JONATHAN TAYLOR of the Indianapolis Colts, defensive back J.C. JACKSON of the New England Patriots and punter TOMMY TOWNSEND of the Kansas City Chiefs are the AFC Offensive, Defensive and Special Teams Players of the Month for the month of November (Weeks 9-12).
OFFENSE: RB JONATHAN TAYLOR, INDIANAPOLIS COLTS
- Since Week 9, Taylor leads the league with 627 scrimmage yards, 556 rushing yards, eight rushing touchdowns and nine total touchdowns. He averaged 156.8 scrimmage yards per game and over two touchdowns per game during the four-game stretch of November.
- Taylor wins Offensive Player of the Month for the second consecutive month, becoming the first Colts player to ever earn the honor twice in one season.
- He joins Edgerrin James (two-time winner) as the only Colts running backs to win the award multiple times overall.
DEFENSE: DB J.C. JACKSON, NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
- Jackson totaled six passes defensed, a forced fumble and a league-high four interceptions during the month of November, including an 88-yard interception-return for a touchdown in Week 9.
- This is the first Defensive Player of the Month award for Jackson and he joins Eugene Wilson (September, 2004), Devin McCourty (September, 2019) and Stephon Gilmore (October, 2019) as the New England defensive backs to earn the honor.
- Jackson joins linebacker D’Qwell Jackson (September, 2011) as the only former Maryland players to win Defensive Player of the Month.
SPECIAL TEAMS: P TOMMY TOWNSEND, KANSAS CITY CHIEFS
- Townsend punted 10 times during the month of November, for an average of 54.9 yards (50.7 net), with six landing inside the 20 and a long of 68 yards.
- This is the first Special Teams Player of the Month award for Townsend and he becomes the first Chiefs punter to ever earn the honor, as well as the first former Tennessee punter to win the award.
2021 AFC PLAYERS OF THE MONTH
|September||QB Derek Carr, Las Vegas||LB Von Miller, Denver||WR Jamal Agnew, Jacksonville|
|October||RB Jonathan Taylor, Indianapolis||S Kevin Byard, Tennessee||K Tyler Bass, Buffalo|
|November||RB Jonathan Taylor, Indianapolis||DB J.C. Jackson, New England||P Tommy Townsend, Kansas City|