JETS QB MIKE WHITE, PATRIOTS DB ADRIAN PHILLIPS &
TITANS K RANDY BULLOCK NAMED AFC PLAYERS OF WEEK 8
Quarterback MIKE WHITE of the New York Jets, defensive back ADRIAN PHILLIPS of the New England Patriots and kicker RANDY BULLOCK of the Tennessee Titans are the AFC Offensive, Defensive and Special Teams Players of the Week for games played in Week 8 (October 28, October 31-November 1).
OFFENSE: QB MIKE WHITE, NEW YORK JETS
- In his first career start, White completed 37 of 45 pass attempts (82.2 percent) for 405 yards and three touchdowns in the Jets’ 34-31 comeback win over Cincinnati.
- It marked the most-ever completions by a player in his first career start and he joined Cam Newton (422 yards on September 11, 2011) as the only quarterbacks since 1950 to pass for at least 400 yards in their first career start.
- He becomes the 11th different Jets quarterback to earn the honor and the first since Sam Darnold (Week 6, 2019).
- White joins running back/punt returner Bobby Rainey (Week 11, 2013 and Week 5, 2015) as the only former Western Kentucky players to win a Player of the Week award.
DEFENSE: DB ADRIAN PHILLIPS, NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
- In New England’s 27-24 victory over the Chargers, Phillips recorded three tackles and a career-high two interceptions, including a 26-yard interception return for a touchdown in the fourth quarter to give the Patriots the lead.
- This is the first Defensive Player of the Week award for Phillips. He becomes the first New England defensive back to earn the honor since James Sanders (Week 10, 2010).
- Phillips is the first former Texas Longhorns defensive back to win Defensive Player of the Week since Earl Thomas (Week 5, 2017).
SPECIAL TEAMS: K RANDY BULLOCK, TENNESSEE TITANS
- In Tennessee’s comeback victory over Indianapolis, Bullock converted both of his field goal attempts – a 46-yarder to tie the game in the fourth quarter and a 44-yard game-winner in overtime – and all four of his point after attempts.
- This is the second Special Teams Player of the Week award for Bullock (Week 16, 2014 with Houston).
- He becomes the seventh different Titans kicker to earn the honor and first since Stephen Gostkowski (Week 3, 2020).
2021 AFC PLAYERS OF THE WEEK
|Wk 1||QB Patrick Mahomes, Kansas City||DE Maxx Crosby, Las Vegas||K Evan McPherson, Cincinnati|
|Wk 2||RB Derrick Henry, Tennessee||LB Odafe Oweh, Baltimore||K Daniel Carlson, Las Vegas|
|Wk 3||QB Josh Allen, Buffalo||DE Myles Garrett, Cleveland||K Justin Tucker, Baltimore|
|Wk 4||QB Joe Burrow, Cincinnati||LB Tremaine Edmunds, Buffalo||P Rigoberto Sanchez, Indianapolis|
|Wk 5||QB Lamar Jackson, Baltimore||DE Greg Rousseau, Buffalo||K Nick Folk, New England|
|Wk 6||RB Derrick Henry, Tennessee||LB T.J. Watt, Pittsburgh||K Matthew Wright, Jacksonville|
|Wk 7||WR Ja’Marr Chase, Cincinnati||DE Yannick Ngakoue, Las Vegas||P Rigoberto Sanchez, Indianapolis|
|Wk 8||QB Mike White, N.Y. Jets||DB Adrian Phillips, New England||K Randy Bullock, Tennessee|