PACKERS QB AARON RODGERS, RAMS DL AARON DONALD & FALCONS P THOMAS MORSTEAD NAMED NFC PLAYERS OF THE MONTH FOR DECEMBER
Quarterback AARON RODGERS of the Green Bay Packers, defensive lineman AARON DONALD of the Los Angeles Rams and punter THOMAS MORSTEAD of the Atlanta Falcons are the NFC Offensive, Defensive and Special Teams Players of the Month for the month of December (Weeks 13-16).
OFFENSE: QB AARON RODGERS, GREEN BAY PACKERS
- In three games, Rodgers completed 76 of 102 pass attempts (74.5 percent) for 811 yards with 10 touchdowns and zero interceptions for a 130 rating as he led the Packers to a 3-0 record in the month of December.
- Rodgers’ completion percentage and passer rating led all qualified passers during December.
- This is the 10th Offensive Player of the Month award for Rodgers and fourth in December:
- 2009: October
- 2010: December
- 2011: September, October, November
- 2012: October
- 2014: November
- 2016: December
- 2020: December
- 2021: December
- Rodgers becomes the second player ever to win at least 10 Player of the Month awards, joining Tom Brady (11).
DEFENSE: DL AARON DONALD, LOS ANGELES RAMS
- In four games, Donald recorded 20 tackles, eight tackles for loss, six sacks and two forced fumbles in helping the Rams go 4-0 during December.
- Donald’s six sacks tied for the most in the league during the month and he was the only player in the NFL with at least five sacks and multiple forced fumbles.
- This is the third Defensive Player of the Month award for Donald and second in December:
- 2018: October, December
- 2021: December
- Donald becomes the fourth Ram to win at least three Player of the Month awards, joining running backs Marshall Faulk (four) and Todd Gurley (three) and punter Johnny Hekker (three).
SPECIAL TEAMS: P THOMAS MORSTEAD, ATLANTA FALCONS
- Morstead punted 11 times during the month of December, averaging 49 yards (45.9 net) and landing six inside the 20-yard line. He also led the NFC in opponent starting field position (18.5-yard line).
- This is the second Special Teams Player of the Month award for Morstead (September, 2019 with New Orleans).
- Morstead becomes the first-ever Falcons punter to earn the honor and is the first Atlanta player to earn Special Teams Player of the Month since kicker Younghoe Koo (November, 2020).
2021 NFC PLAYERS OF THE MONTH
|September||WR Cooper Kupp, L.A. Rams||CB Trevon Diggs, Dallas||P Mitch Wishnowsky, San Francisco|
|OctoberNovember||WR Cooper Kupp, L.A. RamsWR Justin Jefferson, Minnesota||LB De’Vondre Campbell, Green BayLB Robert Quinn, Chicago||P Blake Gillikin, New OrleansK Jake Elliott, Philadelphia|
|December||QB Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay||DL Aaron Donald, L.A. Rams||P Thomas Morstead, Atlanta|