COWBOYS QB DAK PRESCOTT, LIONS S TRACY WALKER &
49ERS K ROBBIE GOULD NAMED NFC PLAYERS OF WEEK 18
Quarterback DAK PRESCOTT of the Dallas Cowboys, safety TRACY WALKER of the Detroit Lions and kicker ROBBIE GOULD of the San Francisco 49ers are the NFC Offensive, Defensive and Special Teams Players of the Week for games played in Week 18 (January 8-9).
OFFENSE: QB DAK PRESCOTT, DALLAS COWBOYS
- Prescott completed 21 of 27 pass attempts (77.8 percent) for 295 yards and five touchdowns with no interceptions for a 151.8 rating in the Cowboys’ 51-26 win over Philadelphia. It marked his first career game with five touchdown passes, the most touchdown passes among all quarterbacks in Week 18.
- This is the sixth-career Offensive Player of the Week award for Prescott and third in 2021, becoming the first quarterback in Cowboys history to win Offensive Player of the Week three times in one season:
- 2019: Weeks 1 and 11
- 2020: Week 2
- 2021: Weeks 2, 16 and 18
- Prescott is now tied with Pro Football Hall of Famer Troy Aikman (six-time winner) for the most Offensive Player of the Week awards by a Dallas quarterback.
DEFENSE: S TRACY WALKER, DETROIT LIONS
- Walker tied his career-high with 13 tackles and recorded his third-career interception in the Lions’ 37-30 win over Green Bay. He was the only player with at least 10 tackles and an interception in Week 18.
- This is Walker’s first Defensive Player of the Week award and he is the first Lions defensive player to earn the award since Darius Slay (Week 14, 2018).
- Walker joins Charles Tillman (three-time winners) and Ike Taylor (two-time winner) as former Louisiana-Lafayette Ragin’ Cajuns to win the award.
SPECIAL TEAMS: K ROBBIE GOULD, SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS
- In Week 18, Gould converted both of his field goals – from 42 and 24 yards – and all three point after attempts for a total of nine points in the 49ers’ 27-24 overtime win at the L.A. Rams. He also punted twice with an average of 45 yards, including one downed inside the 20-yard line.
- This is Gould’s 10th-career Special Teams Player of the Week award:
- 2005 (with Chicago): Week 9
- 2006 (with Chicago): Week 16
- 2015: (with Chicago): Week 4
- 2017 (with San Francisco): Weeks 13 and 15
- 2018 (with San Francisco): Weeks 2 and 15
- 2019 (with San Francisco): Week 16
- 2020 (with San Francisco): Week 12
- 2021 (with San Francisco): Week 18
- Gould is the sixth kicker with at least 10 Special Team Player of the Week awards, joining Adam Vinatieri (19), Matt Prater (14), John Carney (13), Jason Hanson (12) and Justin Tucker (12).
|Wk 1||QB Matthew Stafford, L.A. Rams||LB Chandler Jones, Arizona||P Bradley Pinion, Tampa Bay|
|Wk 2||QB Kyler Murray, Arizona||S Mike Edwards, Tampa Bay||P Mitch Wishnowsky, San Francisco|
|Wk 3||QB Matthew Stafford, L.A. Rams||CB Byron Murphy, Arizona||K Mason Crosby, Green Bay|
|Wk 4||QB Daniel Jones, N.Y. Giants||CB Trevon Diggs, Dallas||KR DeAndre Carter, Washington|
|Wk 5||QB Tom Brady, Tampa Bay||CB Marshon Lattimore, New Orleans||LB T.J. Edwards, Philadelphia|
|Wk 6||QB Dak Prescott, Dallas||S Taylor Rapp, L.A. Rams||K Matt Prater, Arizona|
|Wk 7||RB Alvin Kamara, New Orleans||LB Deion Jones, Atlanta||K Graham Gano, N.Y. Giants|
|Wk 8||WR Deebo Samuel, San Francisco||LB Micah Parsons, Dallas||K Zane Gonzalez, Carolina|
|Wk 9Wk 10Wk 11Wk 12Wk 13Wk 14Wk 15Wk 16Wk 17Wk 18||QB Matt Ryan, AtlantaWR Deebo Samuel, San FranciscoWR Justin Jefferson, MinnesotaRB Leonard Fournette, Tampa BayQB Jared Goff, Detroit TE George Kittle, San FranciscoQB Aaron Rodgers, Green BayQB Dak Prescott, DallasRB Rashaad Penny, SeattleQB Dak Prescott, Dallas||S Xavier McKinney, N.Y. GiantsCB Darius Slay, PhiladelphiaLB Chandler Jones, ArizonaCB Rasul Douglas, Green BayLB Jordan Hicks, ArizonaDL Aaron Donald, L.A. RamsDE Cameron Jordan, New OrleansLB Foyesade Oluokun, AtlantaDE Cameron Jordan, New Orleans S Tracy Walker, Detroit||RB Kene Nwangwu, MinnesotaK Zane Gonzalez, CarolinaK Jake Elliott, PhiladelphiaP Thomas Morstead, AtlantaRB Travis Homer, SeattleWR Jakeem Grant, ChicagoK Riley Patterson, DetroitWR Brandon Powell, L.A. RamsK Matt Prater, Arizona K Robbie Gould, San Francisco|