EAGLES QB JALEN HURTS, BUCCANEERS LB DEVIN WHITE & 49ERS P MITCH WISHNOWSKY NAMED NFC PLAYERS OF THE MONTH FOR SEPTEMBER
Quarterback JALEN HURTS of the Philadelphia Eagles, linebacker DEVIN WHITE of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and punter MITCH WISHNOWSKY of the San Francisco 49ers are the NFC Offensive, Defensive and Special Teams Players of the Month for the month of September.
OFFENSE: QB JALEN HURTS, PHILADELPHIA EAGLES
- Hurts completed 66 of 98 pass attempts (67.3 percent) for an NFC-leading 916 yards with four touchdown passes for an NFC-best 106.5 rating over the league’s first three weeks, helping the Eagles begin 3-0 for the first time since 1998.
- Hurts also recorded 167 rushing yards and three rushing touchdowns in September, becoming the first player ever with at least 900 passing yards and 150 rushing yards in his team’s first three games of a season.
- This is the first Offensive Player of the Month award for Hurts. He is the sixth Eagles quarterback to earn the honor and first since Carson Wentz (October, 2017).
- Hurts becomes the first-ever quarterback and third player overall from the University of Oklahoma to win Offensive Player of the Month, joining running backs DeMarco Murray (September and October, 2014) and Adrian Peterson (December, 2012 and November, 2015).
DEFENSE: LB DEVIN WHITE, TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS
- White recorded 24 tackles, three sacks, two passes defensed and a forced fumble as part of a Buccaneers defense that led the NFL in scoring defense (nine points per game allowed) in September.
- He is the only player in the league with at least 24 tackles and three sacks through the first three weeks of the season.
- This is the first Defensive Player of the Month award for White and he is the fifth Buccaneers linebacker to earn the honor, joining Shaquil Barrett (September, 2019), Pro Football Hall of Famer Derrick Brooks (November, 2000 and October, 2002), Lavonte David (September, 2020) and Barrett Ruud (September, 2007).
- White becomes the first former LSU linebacker and second former Tiger overall to win Defensive Player of the Month, joining safety Tyrann Mathieu (November, 2015 and December, 2019).
SPECIAL TEAMS: P MITCH WISHNOWSKY, SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS
- Wishnowsky averaged 46.8 yards on 13 punts (43.3 net), with a league-high six being placed inside of the 10-yard line.
- This is the second Special Teams Player of the Month award for Wishnowsky, who earned the honor in September of the 2021 season.
- He is the only former Utah player to win Special Teams Player of the Month.
2022 NFC PLAYERS OF THE MONTH
|September||QB Jalen Hurts, Philadelphia||LB Devin White, Tampa Bay||P Mitch Wishnowsky, San Francisco|