EAGLES QB JALEN HURTS, 49ERS DL NICK BOSA &
LIONS K MICHAEL BADGLEY NAMED NFC PLAYERS OF WEEK 13
Quarterback JALEN HURTS of the Philadelphia Eagles, defensive lineman NICK BOSA of the San Francisco 49ers and kicker MICHAEL BADGLEY of the Detroit Lions are the NFC Offensive, Defensive and Special Teams Players of the Week for games played in Week 13 (December 1, 4-5).
OFFENSE: QB JALEN HURTS, PHILADELPHIA EAGLES
- Hurts passed for a season-high 380 yards and totaled four touchdowns (three passing, one rushing) with no interceptions for a 130.3 rating in Philadelphia’s 35-10 win over Tennessee. It marked the most passing yards and highest passer rating of any quarterback in Week 13.
- This is the second Offensive Player of the Week award for Hurts after having earned the honor last week. He becomes the first Eagle ever to win a Player of the Week award in consecutive weeks and is the second player this season to do so, joining Josh Allen (Weeks 5-6).
- Hurts is the fifth player from the University of Oklahoma to earn multiple Player of the Week awards in one season and the first to do so in consecutive weeks.
DEFENSE: DL NICK BOSA, SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS
- Bosa recorded three sacks, two tackles for loss and a forced fumble in San Francisco’s 33-17 win over Miami. It marked the most sacks by an NFC player in Week 13 and his forced fumble in the fourth quarter was returned for a touchdown to put the 49ers up by 16 points with under two minutes remaining.
- This is Bosa’s third Defensive Player of the Week award (Weeks 5 and 8, 2019), joining safety Merton Hanks (five-time winner) and defensive lineman Bryant Young (three-time winner) as the only 49ers to earn the honor at least three times.
- Bosa joins safety Malcolm Jenkins (four-time winner) as the only former Ohio State Buckeyes to win the award three times.
SPECIAL TEAMS: K MICHAEL BADGLEY, DETROIT LIONS
- Badgley converted all four of his field goal attempts, connecting from 38, 44, 45 and 47 yards, and each of his four extra point attempts for a total of 16 points in Detroit’s 40-14 win over Jacksonville. It tied for the most points by any kicker in Week 13.
- This is Badgley’s second-career Special Teams Player of the Week award, also earning the honor as a rookie in Week 14 of the 2018 season with the Los Angeles Chargers. He is the fourth Detroit kicker to ever earn the honor, joining Jason Hanson, Riley Patterson and Matt Prater.
- He is the sixth former University of Miami Hurricane to win Special Teams Player of the Week multiple times, joining Travis Benjamin, Jeff Feagles, Devin Hester, Santana Moss and Kevin Williams.
2022 NFC PLAYERS OF THE WEEK
|Wk 1||RB Saquon Barkley, N.Y. Giants||LB Uchenna Nwosu, Seattle||CB Zech McPhearson, Philadelphia|
|Wk 2||WR Amon-Ra St. Brown, Detroit||CB Darius Slay, Philadelphia||K Graham Gano, N.Y. Giants|
|Wk 3||RB Cordarrelle Patterson, Atlanta||DE Brandon Graham, Philadelphia||P Pat O’Donnell, Green Bay|
|Wk 4||QB Geno Smith, Seattle||LB Haason Reddick, Philadelphia||K Greg Joseph, Minnesota|
|Wk 5||TE Taysom Hill, New Orleans||LB Micah Parsons, Dallas||K Cameron Dicker, Philadelphia|
|Wk 6||QB Marcus Mariota, Atlanta||CB Tariq Woolen, Seattle||P Ryan Wright, Minnesota|
|Wk 7||QB Daniel Jones, N.Y. Giants||CB Marco Wilson, Arizona||K Cairo Santos, Chicago|
|Wk 8||RB Christian McCaffrey, SF||LB Za’Darius Smith, Minnesota||TE Will Dissly, Seattle|
|Wk 9||QB Justin Fields, Chicago||S Kerby Joseph, Detroit||P Jake Camarda, Tampa Bay|
|Wk 10||WR Justin Jefferson, Minnesota||LB Devin White, Tampa Bay||K Joey Slye, Washington|
|Wk 11||RB Tony Pollard, Dallas||DL Aidan Hutchinson, Detroit||RB Cordarrelle Patterson, Atlanta|
|Wk 12||QB Jalen Hurts, Philadelphia||DE Brian Burns, Carolina||RB Kene Nwangwu, Minnesota|
|Wk 13||QB Jalen Hurts, Philadelphia||DL Nick Bosa, San Francisco||K Michael Badgley, Detroit|
BENGALS QB JOE BURROW, RAIDERS DE CHANDLER JONES &
BROWNS WR DONOVAN PEOPLES-JONES NAMED AFC PLAYERS OF WEEK 13
Quarterback JOE BURROW of the Cincinnati Bengals, defensive end CHANDLER JONES of the Las Vegas Raiders and wide receiver DONOVAN PEOPLES-JONES of the Cleveland Browns are the AFC Offensive, Defensive and Special Teams Players of the Week for games played in Week 13 (December 1, 4-5).
OFFENSE: QB JOE BURROW, CINCINNATI BENGALS
- Burrow completed 25 of 31 pass attempts (80.6 percent) for 286 yards and two touchdowns with no interceptions for a 126.6 rating and rushed for 46 rushing yards with a touchdown in Cincinnati’s 27-24 victory over Kansas City. He went 9 for 11 in the fourth quarter, including the go-ahead touchdown pass with 8:54 remaining.
- This is the fourth-career Offensive Player of the Week award for Burrow and second this season:
- 2021: Weeks 4, 16
- 2022: Week 7, 13
- Burrow joins Boomer Esiason (nine-time winner) as the only Bengals quarterbacks to win Player of the Week at least four times.
- He becomes the second former LSU Tigers ever to win at least four Player of the Week awards, joining cornerback Patrick Peterson (five-time winner).
DEFENSE: DE CHANDLER JONES, LAS VEGAS RAIDERS
- Jones recorded six tackles, three sacks, two tackles for loss and a pass defensed in the Raiders’ 27-20 victory over the Chargers. He was the only player in the AFC with three sacks in Week 13.
- This is the seventh-career Defensive Player of the Week award for Jones and first as a Raider:
- 2014: Week 2 (with New England)
- 2018: Week 5 (with Arizona)
- 2019: Weeks 7, 16 (with Arizona)
- 2021: Weeks 1, 11 (with Arizona)
- 2022: Week 13 (with Las Vegas)
- Jones’ seven Defensive Player of the Week awards are the second-most since 2014, trailing only Aaron Donald (eight).
SPECIAL TEAMS: WR DONOVAN PEOPLES-JONES, CLEVELAND BROWNS
- Peoples-Jones recorded a 76-yard punt-return touchdown in Cleveland’s 27-14 win over Houston. It marked the second punt-return touchdown in the NFL this season and was the first by a Browns player since 2015.
- This marks the first-career Special Teams Player of the Week award for Peoples-Jones and is the second Browns player to win the award this season (kicker Cade York, Week 1).
- He becomes the first former Michigan Wolverine to earn the honor since kicker Jay Feely (Week 15, 2013).
2022 AFC PLAYERS OF THE WEEK
|Wk 1Wk 2Wk 3Wk 4Wk 5Wk 6||QB Patrick Mahomes, Kansas CityQB Tua Tagovailoa, MiamiQB Trevor Lawrence, JacksonvilleQB Patrick Mahomes, Kansas CityQB Josh Allen, BuffaloQB Josh Allen, Buffalo||S Minkah Fitzpatrick, PittsburghCB Jaylen Watson, Kansas CityDE Trey Hendrickson, CincinnatiS Jordan Poyer, BuffaloLB Matthew Judon, New EnglandDL Quinnen Williams, N.Y. Jets||K Cade York, ClevelandP Braden Mann, N.Y. JetsP Corliss Waitman, Denver K Evan McPherson, CincinnatiK Chase McLaughlin, IndianapolisK Dustin Hopkins, L.A. Chargers|
|Wk 7||QB Joe Burrow, Cincinnati||CB Sauce Gardner, N.Y. Jets||K Randy Bullock, Tennessee|
|Wk 8Wk 9Wk 10||RB Derrick Henry, TennesseeRB Joe Mixon, CincinnatiRB Jonathan Taylor, Indianapolis||DE Dre’Mont Jones, DenverLB Justin Houston, BaltimoreLB Alex Highsmith, Pittsburgh||K Nick Folk, New EnglandK Cameron Dicker, L.A. ChargersP Ryan Stonehouse, Tennessee|
|Wk 11Wk 12Wk 13||TE Travis Kelce, Kansas CityRB Josh Jacobs, Las VegasQB Joe Burrow, Cincinnati||LB Matt Milano, Buffalo DT Ed Oliver, BuffaloDE Chandler Jones, Las Vegas||DB Marcus Jones, New EnglandP JK Scott, L.A. Chargers WR Donovan Peoples-Jones, Cleveland|