LIONS WR AMON-RA ST. BROWN, EAGLES CB DARIUS SLAY &
GIANTS K GRAHAM GANO NAMED NFC PLAYERS OF WEEK 2
Wide receiver AMON-RA ST. BROWN of the Detroit Lions, cornerback DARIUS SLAY of the Philadelphia Eagles and kicker GRAHAM GANO of the New York Giants are the NFC Offensive, Defensive and Special Teams Players of the Week for games played in Week 2 of the 2022 season (September 15, 18-19).
OFFENSE: WR AMON-RA ST. BROWN, DETROIT LIONS
- St. Brown registered nine receptions for 116 yards and two touchdowns while adding two rushing attempts for 68 yards in the Lions’ Week 2 win over Washington. St. Brown’s 184 scrimmage yards led all NFC players in Week 2 as he became the first player in NFL history to record at least eight receptions and a touchdown in six consecutive games.
- This is the first-career Offensive Player of the Week award for St. Brown and he becomes the sixth Lions wide receiver to earn Offensive Player of the Week honors, joining Pro Football Hall of Famer Calvin Johnson (four times), Herman Moore (twice), Germane Crowell, Richard Johnson and Brett Perriman.
- He is the third former USC wide receiver to win Offensive Player of the Week, joining JuJu Smith-Schuster (Week 8, 2017) and Robert Woods (Week 11, 2020).
DEFENSE: CB DARIUS SLAY, PHILADELPHIA EAGLES
- Slay recorded a career-high five passes defensed along with his first two interceptions of the season in the Eagles’ Week 2 victory against Minnesota. He became the first player since 2019 (Pierre Desir) to record five passes defensed and two interceptions in a single game.
- This is Slay’s fifth-career Defensive Player of the Week award, the most among all defensive backs since 2016. He is the first Eagles defensive back to win a Defensive Player of the Week award in consecutive seasons since Malcolm Jenkins (Week 13, 2015 and Week 16, 2016).
- 2016 (with Detroit): Week 5
- 2017 (with Detroit): Week 15
- 2018 (with Detroit): Week 14
- 2021 (with Philadelphia): Week 10
- 2022 (with Philadelphia): Week 2
SPECIAL TEAMS: K GRAHAM GANO, NEW YORK GIANTS
- Gano converted a league-high four field goals, including the game-winning 56-yard field goal with 3:34 remaining in the fourth quarter, and led all kickers in points scored (13) in the Giants’ Week 2 win over Carolina.
- This is Gano’s fifth-career Special Teams Player of the Week award and marks the third-consecutive season in which he has won the award.
- 2010 (with Washington): Week 16
- 2018 (with Carolina): Week 5
- 2020 (with N.Y. Giants): Week 9
- 2021 (with N.Y. Giants): Week 7
- 2022 (with N.Y. Giants): Week 2
- Gano joins Brad Daluiso (four times) as the only Giants kickers to earn Special Teams Player of the Week honors at least three times.
2022 NFC PLAYERS OF THE WEEK
|Wk 1||RB Saquon Barkley, N.Y. Giants||LB Uchenna Nwosu, Seattle||CB Zech McPhearson, Philadelphia|
|Wk 2||WR Amon-Ra St. Brown, Detroit||CB Darius Slay, Philadelphia||K Graham Gano, N.Y. Giants|