FALCONS RB CORDARRELLE PATTERSON, EAGLES DE BRANDON GRAHAM &
PACKERS P PAT O’DONNELL NAMED NFC PLAYERS OF WEEK 3
Running back CORDARRELLE PATTERSON of the Atlanta Falcons, defensive end BRANDON GRAHAM of the Philadelphia Eagles and punter PAT O’DONNELL of the Green Bay Packers are the NFC Offensive, Defensive and Special Teams Players of the Week for games played in Week 3 of the 2022 season (September 22, 25-26).
OFFENSE: RB CORDARRELLE PATTERSON, ATLANTA FALCONS
- Patterson rushed for 141 yards and one touchdown and added one reception for 12 yards in the Falcons’ Week 3 win over Seattle. Patterson’s 8.3 yards per attempt led all running backs in Week 3.
- This is the first-career Offensive Player of the Week award for Patterson. He was named Special Teams Player of the Week as a rookie in Week 8 of the 2013 season as a member for the Vikings.
- He is the first Falcons running back to win the award since Devonta Freeman in Week 15 of the 2016 season and he is third former University of Tennessee running back since 2010 to be named Offensive Player of the Week, joining Arian Foster (three times) and Alvin Kamara (twice).
DEFENSE: DE BRANDON GRAHAM, PHILADELPHIA EAGLES
- Graham recorded six tackles, 2.5 sacks, one pass defensed and one forced fumble in the Eagles’ Week 3 victory against Washington. He was the only NFC player to record multiple sacks and a forced fumble as Philadelphia recorded a league-high nine sacks in Week 3.
- This is Graham’s first-career Defensive Player of the Week award and he is the first Eagles defensive lineman to win the award since Fletcher Cox in Week 17 of the 2018 season.
- Graham is the fourth former University of Michigan defensive end to win the award, joining Frank Clark (Week 6, 2018), Curtis Greer (Week 1, 1987) and James Hall (Week 5, 2004 and Week 6, 2006).
SPECIAL TEAMS: P PAT O’DONNELL, GREEN BAY PACKERS
- O’Donnell punted seven times with a 48.4 average (44.7 net) and placed a career-high five punts inside the 20-yard line in the Packers’ Week 3 win over Tampa Bay.
- This is O’Donnell’s first-career Special Teams Player of the Week award and he joins Craig Hentrich (Week 11, 1994) and Tim Masthay (Week 8, 2010; Week 13, 2011; Week 2, 2012) as the third Packers punter to earn the honor.
- He is the third former University of Miami punter to earn the award, joining Matt Bosher (Week 16, 2014) and Jeff Feagles (Week 13, 1995 and Week 13, 2005).
2022 NFC PLAYERS OF THE WEEK
|Wk 1||RB Saquon Barkley, N.Y. Giants||LB Uchenna Nwosu, Seattle||CB Zech McPhearson, Philadelphia|
|Wk 2||WR Amon-Ra St. Brown, Detroit||CB Darius Slay, Philadelphia||K Graham Gano, N.Y. Giants|
|Wk 3||RB Cordarrelle Patterson, Atlanta||DE Brandon Graham, Philadelphia||P Pat O’Donnell, Green Bay|