On the other end of the coin, Garrett Nussmeier had a rough night against the Jaguars, going 13-for-23 for 183 yards, zero touchdowns, and two interceptions. It was his first action of the season and a shaky one against an FCS opponent. But on the other hand, the Running game came alive. Last week against Florida State, Daniels was the only guy who could run the ball effectively. Tonight, Armoni Goodwin had a great night with 12 carries for 85 yards and two touchdowns as the Tigers totaled 230 yards on the ground in 36 carries. The offensive line did a great job, which is a big positive.
Nussmeier Had a Rough Night, but that is ok. Running Game got Going…
Additionally, Harold Perkins Jr. The former five-star recruit finished the game with the most tackles on the team with seven. The star recruit got to play a lot more in this game, and he made his presence known. With depth and injuries being a question surrounding the LSU defense, Perkins was a bright spot tonight.
More from LSUMore posts in LSU »
- Bradyn Swinson Will Make an Instant Impact
- Malik Nabers Named One of the Best Returning Receiver by PFF
- LSU Tigers Are Not Done – LSU Will Host a Significant 2023 Transfer Player
- One of LSU’s top in-state Targets in the 2024 class is set to Announce his Commitment on Saturday
- Opinion: LSU, With the Best Transfer, HS Football Recruiting Balance, is Kelly a Wizard?