LIONS WR AMON-RA ST. BROWN & COWBOYS LB MICAH PARSONS
NAMED NFL ROOKIES OF THE MONTH FOR DECEMBER
Wide receiver AMON-RA ST. BROWN of the Detroit Lions and linebacker MICAH PARSONS of the Dallas Cowboys are the NFL Offensive and Defensive Rookies of the Month for the month of December (Weeks 13-16).
OFFENSE: WR AMON-RA ST. BROWN, DETROIT LIONS
- St. Brown led all rookies in each major receiving category during the month of December, totaling 35 receptions for 340 yards and three touchdowns. He also added 26 rushing yards and his 91.5 scrimmage yards per game were the most among all first-year players from Weeks 13-16.
- He recorded at least eight receptions in each of the four games this month and is one of three rookies all-time [ODELL BECKHAM JR. (2014) and JAYLEN WADDLE (2021)] to record eight-or-more catches in four consecutive games.
- St. Brown is the second Lions rookie wide receiver to earn the award [Roy Williams (September, 2004)] and the first Detroit player since running back Jahvid Best (September, 2010) to win Offensive Rookie of the Month.
- He the third former USC Trojan to win Offensive Rookie of the Month, joining running back Reggie Bush (December, 2006) and quarterback Mark Sanchez (September, 2009).
DEFENSE: LB MICAH PARSONS, DALLAS COWBOYS
- Parsons totaled 12 tackles, four sacks, three tackles for loss, one forced fumble and one pass defensed during the month of December. He was the only rookie to record at least one sack in three different games across Weeks 13-16.
- With one sack in Week 13 and two sacks in Week 14, he became the third rookie to record a sack in six-or-more consecutive games since 1982, joining Jevon Kearse (eight consecutive games in 1999) and Mike Croel (six in 1991).
- Parsons, who was also named Defensive Rookie of the Month for November, is the first Cowboys player to win multiple Rookie of the Month awards (offense or defense).
- It marks the third consecutive season that a defensive rookie has won the award in consecutive months [Tampa Bay linebacker Devin White (November & December, 2019); Carolina safety Jeremy Chinn (October & November, 2020)].
2021 NFL ROOKIES OF THE MONTH
|Offense (College)||Defense (College)|
|September||WR Ja’Marr Chase, Cincinnati (LSU)||CB Asante Samuel Jr., L.A. Chargers (Florida State)|
|OctoberNovemberDecember||RB Najee Harris, Pittsburgh (Alabama)QB Mac Jones, New England (Alabama)WR Amon-Ra St. Brown, Detroit (USC)||LB Nick Bolton, Kansas City (Missouri)LB Micah Parsons, Dallas (Penn State)LB Micah Parsons, Dallas (Penn State)|