STEELERS RB NAJEE HARRIS & CHIEFS LB NICK BOLTON
NAMED NFL ROOKIES OF THE MONTH FOR OCTOBER
Running back NAJEE HARRIS of the Pittsburgh Steelers and linebacker NICK BOLTON of the Kansas City Chiefs are the NFL Offensive and Defensive Rookies of the Month for the month of October.
OFFENSE: RB NAJEE HARRIS, PITTSBURGH STEELERS
- Harris recorded at least 90 scrimmage yards and a touchdown in each of his four games in October and totaled 356 rushing yards on 88 attempts (4.1 average) and had 17 receptions for 124 receiving yards for a total of 480 scrimmage yards (120 per game). He also totaled four touchdowns (three rushing, one receiving).
- His four touchdowns and 120 scrimmage yards per game are both the most among all rookies since Week 4.
- Harris joins tight end Heath Miller (October, 2005) and quarterback Ben Roethlisberger (October, 2004) as the only Steelers to win Offensive Rookie of the Month.
- He becomes the third different former Alabama running back to earn the honor, joining Josh Jacobs (October and November, 2019) and Eddie Lacy (October, 2013).
DEFENSE: LB NICK BOLTON, KANSAS CITY CHIEFS
- Bolton totaled 43 tackles (8.6 per game) and seven tackles for loss in five games in October, both the most by any rookie since Week 4.
- He joins cornerback Marcus Peters (December, 2015) and safety Eric Berry (December, 2010) as the only Chiefs to win Defensive Rookie of the Month.
- Bolton becomes the third former Missouri player to earn the honor, joining defensive tackle Sheldon Richardson (November, 2013) and linebacker Aldon Smith (October and December, 2011).
2021 NFL ROOKIES OF THE MONTH
|Offense (College)||Defense (College)|
|September||WR Ja’Marr Chase, Cincinnati (LSU)||CB Asante Samuel Jr., L.A. Chargers (Florida State)|
|October||RB Najee Harris, Pittsburgh (Alabama)||LB Nick Bolton, Kansas City (Missouri)|